Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Loss is hard....

Rita L. Hardman Pinkley



It was a very sad day last week when I learned of this sad news. Rita is a phenomenal woman. She is THE reason so many families are able to have children. I'm a lucky person that was allowed the gift of having a younger brother and sister adopted from an international country. Rita was the Director and the biggest part of the Baltic Blessings Adoption Agency out of Washington State. She is the reason Ilze is here. She is the reason Taylor is here. It is sad to have her gone, at such a young age. I hope that each child she brought over here will remember her and take a piece of her heart with them wherever they go.

What amazes me, is that after my brother has been here for 12 years, he decided to go to the funeral in Seattle yesterday. He is 15, going on 27, but 15 nonetheless. They asked for a child to speak at the service, and Taylor volunteered. I wasn't there, but I'm sure that he spoke from his heart and had profound things to say for a 15 year old. I wish I could have been there. I think he has a good perspective. I think they all do, I would imagine.

May God bless Rita forever, and take care of her family here on this Earth. She did wonderful things. I hope we can take her dreams and make them last forever. God bless you Rita for all you do. We love you and miss you already.

No comments: