Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Home Sweet Home...

Government Springs Park: Softball Field
Many bumps, bruises, and raspberries on my thigh!



I went back to my hometown of Enid, Oklahoma this past weekend! I haven't been able to drive around Enid for a long time...I'm guessing it was about 2002 when I was last in town for an extended period of time. I've been back since 2002, but only for weddings and funerals...oh, my how things change! I drove around reminiscing (spelling??) of my childhood, first house, second house, all my schools, my church, my softball field, etc....it was very neat to be back there. Funny thing: I told myself that if my childhood home was up for sale that I would move back to it and live in Enid, but it wasn't for sale! Oh well...here are some pictures!




Hayes Elementary School

Emerson Junior High School



Enid High School


Above all else, it was fantastic getting to see everyone and everything. I was able to go back to the Markes Labor Day Party at Chris and Lori's place in Waukomis. It was good to see so many families that I used to babysit, hear what grade the children are in and what's going on in their life! I had a wonderful time and I loved my trip there.

I do miss my hometown.
But, I love what I'm doing now!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: