Thursday, February 28, 2008

life as it is..

Well, life has been much different since the little one left the house. I don't quite know what to do with myself. Honestly, it's been quite difficult. A roller-coaster of sorts. A wild ride. Emotional. Turbulant. My friend, Sarah, who is my bestest buddy here at work with me, has been at the bitter end of my rants and raves lately. She has heard me cry, heard me get nauseaus in the car on the way to an early training, burp, you name it....scream, yell, complain about work, (you get the picture yet....).....it's been a crazy week. I've definitely gone through the gamut of emotions. I am getting better at not crying so much but I still cry a little each time her name is brought up. It's tough.

So, I'm trying to stay busy. I started my Digital 1 Photography Class last Thursday. It was wonderful. We've been busy photographing everything. We've done several shoots together, and here are a few of my favorites from this week. It's a good way to keep my mind of of stress...and I love it. Where has this been my entire life? Why did it take me so long to realize that I love taking pictures? And to shoot manually? WOW! I never knew how cool that could be?

We went to Riverside and the walking bridge the other night...turned out a North wind came right in and was about to blow us away. We got some good shots. My shutter speed was set too low the whole time and I didn't realize it until the end.. (amateur, remember)....so a good cup of hot chocolate fixed it at the Coffee Shop on Cherry Street. It was fun. (And it allowed me to get a super cool shot of it!)





Sarah and I trekked over to Oklahoma City for a training for our job....and went downtown to shoot at the memorial. I think we got some amazing pictures. And, what's really cool, we decided, was that even though we go to the same places....we never get the same shot! We both came home with different pictures! That's what's soooo cool about it!

We didn't have class this week due to some last minute stuff, but it's added on at the end of the other weeks....so it's all good. Here is just 1 of my favorite...and two other fun ones! Hope you like them too!

Our photo blog has more.



1 comment:

Norma said...

I was just reading your blog, I came across it when you commented on our blog (thanks for your comments, by the way!). I love your blog, though it absolutely breaks my heart. You are a wonderful and strong person with a tremendous heart, I only wish there were more people out there like you. Keep on doing what you are doing, you are making a true difference in this world, thank you.

-Norma Velasco-Hensley