Monday, August 25, 2008

beginnings...

As I walked into the first day of my new job, I found myself singing this chorus to a song by Chantal Kreviazuk, "Feels Like Home."

It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way the back where I come from
It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong
It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong


Before I worked for SoonerStart, I worked for Family & Children's Services, and I found myself drawn back to that agency.....for so many reasons. I'm thrilled to be back there, and can't wait to see the opportunities I will have to grow both personally and professionally.

F&CS is an awesome agency in Tulsa that seeks to help all those that need it. It has become known as a premier agency for serving the clients of Tulsa. Did you know that 1 in 6 Tulsa citizens has benefited in some way from F&CS? What a statistic? And, I get the opportunity to go back to that and make a difference....in the lives of a bunch of kids and workers.

I'll be working for the Early Childhood Program department and I can't wait to see all that lies in front of me! I'm thrilled beyond belief at the opportunity, and I've been working on reading some good John C. Maxwell books on Leadership. I'll have my first role as a Supervisor, one in which I'm thrilled and going to do my best to model those excellent supervisor's I've had in the past.

I'll try to take pictures of my new office and cool building when I get there, but I don't know what the next week looks like. I'm along for the ride, and can't wait to get going up the hill!

I'll try to post how things are going for me, but for now, know that I'm thrilled and I feel like I came home when I walked back into that Central Office. It's a great feeling to be wanted, appreciated, and to work for an agency like them, it's an absolute honor!

And, I thought I'd let you know some about their core beliefs, of which I have always felt that I've carried them as a person as well regarding my work habits.


Core Values

Access to Services
We assure rapid access to services and utilize branch locations and co-location with other entities to serve underserved populations.

Recovery-Oriented
We focus on recovery and resiliency, working with our consumers to define and achieve each individual's best possible outcome.

Customer Service
We promote a customer service philosophy of accessible, affordable, convenient and quality services.

Community Needs Responsiveness
We are ready to respond to emerging demographics and community needs.

Professional Training
We promote staff development and training.

Evidence-Based Practices
We research and implement evidence-based practices in all that we do to bridge science to practice.

Compassionate and Confidential
We treat clients with respect and dignity, and uphold privacy and confidentiality.

Strength Based
We build on family and individual personal strengths and increase their capacity to form positive relationships and self-sustaining lives.

Advocacy
We advocate for clients’ needs, mobilize formal and informal resources, and engage in public policy activities.

Diversity
We promote diversity and cultural competencies.

Performance and Quality improvement (PQI)
We ensure a results oriented continuous improvement culture.

Stewardship
We accept the responsibility of the public trust and hold the highest standards of accountability.

Data-Driven
We validate the outcomes and impact of services.

Integrity and Ethics
We adhere to the highest level of professional standards and code of ethics.

Facility Environment
We value attractive facilities, a positive workplace and client-friendly environment.

Partnerships
We value multiple strategic partnerships and collaborations to enhance service effectiveness and efficiency.

Technology
We are committed to a high technology environment to enhance client services and organizational effectiveness.

Stakeholders
We value the unique contributions of our various stakeholders who invest time, talent and financial resources to the agency.

No comments: