Thursday, July 17, 2008

Can

Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.

John Wesley


Considering how long I've grown up in the United Methodist Church, I was quite surprised the other day when I came across this quote but didn't recognize it.....yet when I was telling it to my mom, she could recite it to me. Huh. Interesting.

I. LOVE. THIS. QUOTE.

I think it's going to become my life focus...my goal. I want to use it to center myself when I become off focused. Of course, it's just a reference...but I think it's a good motto for life. So, that's it...it's what I'm living by. Along with all my other moral standards, etc......

In honor of that, a picture of feet....a representation to show how I am going to do good....we all start with our feet!

1 comment:

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

Wow, that is a great quote! I'll try to live by it too!

You just have to be careful not to lose yourself in all of the good deeds. I'm constantly saying "yes" to things and forget to leave time for myself and my family. I'm learning how to say "no" every once in a while and realizing that there are blessings there too.