Monday, July 14, 2008

My three favorite little people...


I haven't been much in the picture taking mood lately.
I'm not sure what my funk is about.....but I'm working on it.
I'm leaving for a wonderful Mission Trip to Costa Rica on Saturday.
I have plans to hit the camera again when I return.
I just love capturing images, and capturing things that are important to me.
I'm thinking about some ideas....
Alphabet in a day (shooting a picture of things starting with A, working by way through Z, all in 1 day)
A color a week...shoot a picture of a color for 7 days...

Who knows what else....oh, and portrait of the unknown person too...
taking pictures of people in my daily life, after getting to know them a little...
just enough to write a little snippit about them, but to work on portraiture at the same time.

Okay, so....life is good. I suppose. I've gota a killer headache tonight.
These three snapshots just make me smile.
Cross that.
These three kids make me smile.
ALL.
THE.
TIME.

Whether it's Will calling to sing me "The Bear Went Over the Mountain".....




Or just gazing into Andrew's eyes.....and I am dying to visit again to hear the new laugh he has....




Or the phone calls from Miss Kate, who just wants to talk...and talks so much like a little adult.




These three kiddo's are my life....and I love them to pieces.
Can't imagine what it was like before they were created.
So glad they are here.....and hoping for them to be in Tulsa soon.
I can't wait to watch them grow up.....and learn all sorts of new things.

Anyway, I'm doing well....but I needed to update a little about life.

I've been contemplating which graduate program to start....thinking about doing the Early Childhood Route...
I've always wanted to be a teacher....and I'm thinking that's the way I want to head.
Oh, to have summers off! ;)

I am leaving on Saturday for a week long trip to Alajuela, Costa Rica for a mission trip.
Can't wait.
Totally excited.
STOKED.

Should be fun, and I'll take a ton of pictures.
However, I'm taking the Rebel, not my new 40D.
Hoping I get some good ones...and plan to take lots of memory to capture the time!

I'll try to post soon when I return.

Love to you all......

And, by the way....if you visit my blog, sign in.
I'd love to know that someone comes here and read it.
I have no idea who reads it...I do know that one person has it saved in their Google
Reader feed...(which by the way is the COOLEST THING EVAH)!!

Bottom line, I want to know if you read this!

I don't know that anyone reads this thing....but I do love writing it.
It's somewhat of my online journal.

Alright, that's it...I'm off for some caffeine...and maybe some chocolate too!

Night.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

ck said...

(Raising hand) Ooh, ooh, I do, I do!!! It only took me a year, but I finally discovered the "feed" feature, so I don't have to click through everyone's blog 15 times a day to see if they have update :-) And I want you to add "attempt to take a family picture of a family with two very....spirited children" to your list of photo ideas! And I just HAPPEN to know a volunteer for you, LOL!

I had a great time at church with you last week! Thank you again for inviting me! (they brought me cookies!) I may actually try to go again this Sunday, if I am back from OKC. I hope your mission trip is as much of a blessing for you as YOU will be for them - I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!
love you!
ck

Unknown said...

I read it! I just don't always have time to leave a comment but I'm here! I have been in a little bit of photography funk myself. It's just too hot outside and it makes me so tired! Have fun on your trip. Can't wait to see pictures. Be careful!

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

I have you on my google reader too! And I log in EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT. to your site (directly) to listen to your awesome playlist while I edit photo sessions! I really love the first song! But I could do without the Billy Idol one. I usually go back and skip that one.

You would make an amazing teacher! I say go for it!

Your niece and nephews are precious!

Emily said...

SO glad you ALL read it!

And, Lacey...I did adjust the songs..I added some and I took the Billy Idol one out. I don't know why I had that one in there...random.

Hope you like the additions!

Also, I need to fix it..I also just realized the Bubbly song isn't playing anymore! I'll work on it!