Tuesday, July 01, 2008

a difference...

a year ago today, this little girl walked into my life.....and she changed me forever.
here she is just a few days after arriving.....so innocent, so quiet, so wonderful.
how she would change my life, and the lives of others, i would not know.




i had the joy of taking her to kindergarten....she was a jumping joey.
it was the {most} perfect match for her disposition.
she was a very busy little bee.
she was perfect in that way.
she kept me on my toes allllllllllllllllllll the time.



she loved having her picture taken....and was a gracious model.
if only i had all my photography classes prior to having her in my life.
but, i did manage to get some good memories captured.
the one below was from a wheatfield photoshoot.
it was cowgirl day at daycare....she was so cute....she wore pink cowgirl boots.
(she was mad, wally [the dog] chewed the tops a few months later, but she kept wearing them)



she also had a way of capturing the hearts of others, including my lovely niece and nephew, kate and will.
here they are dancing at the air show in texas.
i think you can see the smile on will's face.
they loved her.
she loved them.
she just wasn't as fond about talking on the phone....to anyone, that is.



i could go on and on....and i wanted to post lots of pictures.... i think i might try to find one more...
but if i don't, here's the few i grabbed off of picasa.
anyhow, a year ago today.....
she stepped into my heart for 9 months...she's been gone a little more than 3 months.
i miss her. i'm doing better.
each day it gets better.
i know she's happy. she's with a new family.
she's loved.
that's what matters.
i know i made a difference.
she changed my life.
i know i changed hers.

forever.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! i can't believe it's been a year! she was just as lucky to have you in her life as you were to have her...such a great story you have to carry with you for the rest of your life :)

Crayon said...

this is so sweet... I love seeing your pictures of her!