Monday, April 09, 2007

Back to the normal life...

I flew home yesterday from Omaha to Tulsa, switching planes in Denver. But this time, I had a few cool things happen to me too!

Airport Time in Omaha: Courtney and I left the hotel at the same time because our flights were close together. I dropped her off at the terminal, returned the rental car, and checked in for my flight. But, then I had to wait two hours. There was a plane leaving my gate before my plane even arrived. The coolest part though....I am almost 99% sure I was among a group of CHL hockey players from a team. I'm not sure where, but they were talking hockey...they weren't high school, they were too nice to be junior's, and I'm fairly certain NHL would be in private jets...so I thought that was pretty cool. Too bad I didn't have a hockey shirt on, I could have perhaps drummed up some sort of conversation. Darn it.

Omaha to Denver: But, get this, as I was boarding the plane to Denver I realized there was a team of some sorts on this flight too...hmm..baseball..soccer....not hockey....not baseball..not basketball...what could they be...so down sits a guy with this group right next to me....and I think to myself, I gotta ask. But, the lady on my other side leans over and yells...what kind of team are you with...and he said, I'm with the Gentlemen of Aspen Rugby Club...! Cool huh! Well, it was cool but this lady wouldn't stop talking to me. She talked to me so much that I was quizzed by the flight attendant because I was apparently talking and creating a nuisance for other passengers, but for once, it wasn't me talking..it was the lady. I'll have you know I was 100% correct on all questions and I think it even surprised the flight attendant. How rude was that. I thought it was uncalled for. Anyhow, on with rugby boy. He was older, but he was cute. He was nice..and they were all in such good shape too. It was nice. That was fun!

**Denver Layover: BORING! BORING! BORING! I was initially pleased with the layover as the Denver airport is totally cool. I was able to shop a little, eat a little, shop a little more, and have some ice cream. I still had three hours to go...without a delay in the flight, but then we were an hour delayed. I listened to my ipod, played sudoku, crossword puzzles, and read one and a half books! At least I had something to do. I also got a little exercise walking the terminal in Denver! It was a fun experience...and I was able to take a picture or two of the snow, but they weren't so great.

** Denver to Tulsa: Layover was long enough, and then we were delayed. Scheduling problems! At least I wasn't snowed in there. Although it would have made for a cool story! This leg of the ride was interesting. I was by a mute man, who REEKED of alcohol. It was nasty..seriously, I think he was in the bar all afternoon and it sort of made me nauseous. I'm glad the captain made up for some time in the air...and I took some really cool photographs outside the airplane windows, so here they are.

Blue Skies...


Sunset....


Between Layers of Clouds...


Coming out of the clouds...


Skiatook Lake

No comments: