Monday, January 15, 2007

Fun times...

It has been awhile since I posted much of anything on the page, so I'm going to sum up a few things from the last month or so.

I just returned home from taking care of my little brother and sister, both 15 years old, as well as a Junior Hockey player who is 18 and is housing with my Dad and Gayle. Now, this was a challenging week, but I survived. However, I was stuck there two extra days with the ice storm of 2007. Here are some highlights of the week:
  • Assisting my little sister in the attempt of cornering her billy goat, Romeo, in order to practice walking him for the FFA show planned for Saturday. Now, imagine the following set up: A small area of a gated fence, approximately 7 feet by 7 feet, with a small goat house in the middle. Ilze is on one side and I am on the other, attempting to catch the goat to put on it's halter. Now, Ilze is a small 15 year old. She's not quite 5 feet tall and not more than maybe 90 pounds. She was able to get the goat, stradle it and tie the halter on. But then, the goat wouldn't move with the halter and lead rope on. Now, I was standing in the middle of this all, laughing histerically, harder than I have in a long time. It was fun. That goat does not like her. She knows it though, so it's okay. She's good with them though. Her first show was cancelled due to the weather.
  • Fixing dinner in a different kitchen, with a new oven, and minimal directions. Now, there are bound to be some bad things. For instance, crescent roll weinies, also known as pigs in a blanket, that were undercooked. Burning of chicken. Not so done mashed potatoes. Etc. By the end of the week I managed to do okay, and I made some darn good SALSA! YUMMY!
  • I attempted to make some basic rolls for the kids in the morning, got up early and baked them before they came downstairs. All to find out that one of the two didn't like anything other than traditional cinnamon rolls. That meant the orange rolls and caramel rolls were a no. However, they were GREAT. I ate them the next few mornings for breakfast.
Overall, I survived and got some really cool stuff from Dad and Gayle. They were on a cruise in the middle of the Caribbean in the nice hot weather when the Ice Storm of 2007 hit Oklahoma.

See next post for details.

No comments: