Monday, January 15, 2007

Ice Storm of 2007

ICE STORM of 2007


The weather started on Friday about mid-day when I was out and about working like normal. Here are some of the highlights:

  • Driving back from Prague, Oklahoma on I-44 I had to stop 3 times to simply scrape off the ice from the windshield wipers. Along with everyone else. It was insane. I'm thankful I had the SUV that day. It also took me much longer than normal to make the short trek back to Tulsa.
  • Ilze and Taylor were out of school early due to the weather and I met them at the Goat Barn. We went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Apparently everyone else and their dog, their cat, and their aunt were at the store. We waited in line for over 30 minutes. Two lines of solid people from the front to the back of the store. All we bought was some junk food, but the ingredients to make salsa....and boy was it tasty. The best I've made yet.
  • We picked up a friend of Taylor's and then a friend of Ilze's came over and spent the night. Me, in charge of four 15 year olds for the night. Late night. Fun games. Laughing all night. Lots of food. Good times.
  • With the continuing sleet and ice, we were stuck in the house until Sunday, and I was stuck until Monday. Dad and Gayle arrived back on Saturday night from their cruise, but I was stuck there two additional days due to the weather.
  • We were thankful that the worst of it hit the south and east of Tulsa. We never lost power. We were simply stuck together for a lot of family time. Thank goodness for good television and internet service!
Hoping that your 2007 is off to a great start!

No comments: