Friday, March 02, 2007

Off to Nicaragua...


Tomorrow I'm headed to Nicaragua for a short medical mission trip. We will be working with a program called El Ayudante, and helping the communities in medical areas. I'm super excited, even though I don't have exact details on what we will be doing. However, I know we will be in Matagalpa, Nicaragua and the surrounding communities that have a need for medical care. Our team of 16 includes two doctors, optometrist, dentist, physical therapist, and many other people. We are very excited and anxiously awaiting our arrival. It will be my first time in Nicaragua, so I'm excited about that. We will be able to eat at this wonderful place called Selva Negra, which I hear is wonderful. It will be a wonderful break from the day to day work and life experiences here in Oklahoma, a refresher for my spiritual and general well-being. I've finished packing everything, and have my outfit all ready to go tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it, and I'll blog about it when I return.

No comments: