Thursday, March 01, 2007

Together let us seek the heights.

Hera Day: On March 1 of each year, members recognize the Fraternity’s commitment to helping others by conducting service projects and offering assistance to others.

Let me tell you a little about Alpha Chi and what it means to me. Some of you know, some of you may not know (not that anyone reads this thing, though). I went to school at Oklahoma City University for two years before transferring to Oklahoma State University. A major part of my college career was a result of my joining Alpha Chi Omega. It's neat to think back of how that has changed my life. I made some of the best friends in the world, had some fun parties, wore cute little dresses (and I was much skinnier then), and made memories to last a lifetime. Here's to you, Alpha Chi.

The Symphony of Alpha Chi Omega
To see beauty even in the common things of life
to shed the light of love and friendship round me
to keep my life in tune with the world that I shall make no discords in the harmony of life
to strike on the lyre of the universe only the notes of happiness, of joy, of peace
to appreciate every little service rendered
to see and appreciate all that is noble in another
be her badge what it may
and to let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness, sincerity.
This is to be my symphony.
By Celia McClure

2 comments:

jsbh said...

Hi Emily,

I'm an AXO from Clemson (Theta Lambda) and currently serve as the education advisor for the Beta Eta chapter (FSU). I read your blog today and LOVED IT. I love that AXO has Hera Day! This is the e-mail I sent to many AXO friends on Hera Day:

1910 Hera is chosen as the inspiring patron-goddess. Hera Day, March 1, is declared as Alpha Chi Omega’s great day of service highlighting its members continuing service throughout the year.


--------------------------

al·tru·ism (ăl'trū-ĭz'əm)
Unselfish concern for the welfare of others; selflessness.

--------------------------

Wishing you a lovely day celebrating AXO and her commitment to assistance and benefit!



*** Looks like you're going to Honduras on spring break? Have a great time! Loyally, Jenn B.

Unknown said...

I am a FSU AXO alumane and current chapter advisor, I get google alerts for alpha chi and was pleasently suprised when a blog showed up! It is great to hear that AXO so positively affected your life, and that you remember Hera Day.. one of my favorites!!! - Safe Travels!