Monday, October 20, 2008

I can see clearly now....


In this age, turning 30 isn't exactly easy....We can call it an end to my 20's meltdown.


The past few years ushered in an some unexpected feelings of panic, doubt and a woe-is-me attitude. Despite all the goals I had accomplished, or thought I was supposed to accomplish, I suddenly began to question prior decisions and worry about those I had yet to make.

After all, my 30th birthday is just around the corner. And the thought of turning 30 doesn't bring with it overwhelming joy, but a slight feeling of dread.


Surely I'm not about to enter one of the best decades of my life. So far, I have basically followed the script to the letter - college, career, marriage, & kids (minus the marriage part, and I only had Violet for a portion of a year). With 30 staring me down (Saturday is all too soon), what road will I take next? At this milestone, am I truly where I want to be and doing what I want to do?


Where is the "30s for Dummies" book when I need it?


What is success? Keep on keeping on...despite setbacks and obstacles.


No one has all of the answers or reaches every goal. I can't expect myself to do that either....the bottom line is that I constantly strive toward one.


Even if I'm not where I thought I'd be at 30....big deal. Everyone's life plan deviates off course at some point. What matters is that we make the most of the journey.

Now that I'm turning 30, I'm no longer afraid of what's in store. Unlike a birthday present, life is not always neatly packaged and tied with a bow.


No comments: