Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm walking on sunshine.....

A trip down memory lane for tonight.....oh, yes....I brought out the pictures! Good times! I beg your forgiveness now, they are taken with my camera...because I don't have a scanner...but I still thought it would be sooo fun! I had fun looking through pictures...I could do this all day!

Here's one of my brother and I....this was at Christmas time in Joplin at my Aunt Susan's house. What's funny about this picture, is that I remember it was shot with my stepmom's new Canon Rebel (the film version). I think I was in college at the time, maybe my last year (5) and was planning on what I was going to do after May....and my brother really does love me!

I meant for this one to be last, but after three years of blogging, I have yet to figure out this formatting. Blah. Anyhow...here's my church directory picture...it's me...and I think it's the best shot of me in a long time....


Alright...I'm thinking this is either 9th grade or 10th grade...I can't tell...and I didn't see anything written down on the back...so it's stricktly memory here (after all, I'm getting old!)

Ah...senior year at Enid High School. This was after the Awards Assessmbly in our senior year...and my very dear, dear, dear friend Peter. We ended up at OCU for two years together (before I moved to OSU!) Who just happened to stay one of my best friends forever....and is married to a wonderful woman, and just had a sweet baby boy that just makes me smile!
This picture...I have to give credit to Wess Gray....who actually took it. This was taken the year Robert went to college and I started High School...so I was a sophomore. And, it's funny...because Wess' daughter Nicci turned out to be an Alpha Chi sister of mine and is encouraging me in my own adventure of photography...small world!
Oh, those two little munchkins.....Ilze and Taylor. My little brother and sister on my graduation night! They were funnnnnnnnnny kids!
This was one during college....2000, when my brother married Karen, my most awesome SIL. She's become my best friend and I can't imagine life without her!
Awee...there's sweet little Emily as a baby. Probably 3..something like that! I was cute, now wasn't I!

Hayes Elementary...1st Grade..is my guess. This is one of my favorite school pictures...I LOVE it...so cute. so me.

Another one of my brother and I...skiing at Crested Butte..probably on Peach Tree lift. Oh what memories...and I'm glad my stepmom pulled me off that lift chair before I almost went back down!
6th Grade...Pictures with Karen Wilson's dog, Heidi. Fun times....and my dog, Wally, looks just like this, but smaller.
Junior High....with Georgie (the black dog) and Angel (the gray dog).....I was a dog person, always was and always will be!

So....that's my trip down my memory lane with a few snapshots....and it's funny...because I love blogging and I frankly don't think anyone but maybe my sister in law read this blog! :)

So, if you are here and read it.....drop me a line and leave me a note...if nothing else, sing me Happy Birthday...it's 4 days away!






4 comments:

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

I read your blog every day! And I've been singing happy birthday to you every day, in my head at least! Abbey has been singing happy birthday to her cousin Mckayla every day this week, sometimes 5 or 6 times a day!

I've always wondered what it's going to be like to turn thirty so it's fun to read your perspective on it. I've always thought my thirties would be my best years because I will have an education under my belt, some work experience, and a little bit of wisdom, but still young enough to do fun things like water ski and still look good in a pair of jeans. It's the forties that scare the heck out of me! I'm mostly worried about the things that are going to happen to my face during those years I guess.

Have you ever heard that song by Tim McGraw where he says "In my next thirty years..." You need to upload that to your playlist!

Lauren Snodgrass said...

I read your blog!! I loved the "trip down memory lane." I may have to go and dig up some old pics too!! Hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday!!

ck said...

Yea for memories, and YEA for birthday weeks!!!! I was trying to figure out how long I have known you...but my brain has atrophied too much since turning 30 - HA! ;o)

Rolsen said...

Happy Birthday to You!!!

Yes I follow your blog! After the wedding I'm going to crack down on my photography and potentially try to do it professionally. And you're one of my inspirations!!!! Keep it coming Emily!!! You're very talented!