Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Best day in a long time...

I just came home from eating dinner with a few friends. I met up with Daniel and Meredith, two friends from high school. But, the day started off well from the beginning.

See, let me explain....One of my best friends growing up was Peter Markes...a wonderful and amazing person in life, let alone an astounding musician. After our first two years of college at Oklahoma City University I lost my frequent contact with him. He and Kyle wrote their songs and created their first CD. I never got a copy of it and I found it the other day on CD Baby and ordered it....It's called Kyle and Peter "Outside the Box". Today it came in the mail to my work address! What a joy! Then....I get a phone call from a 405 number....and it's Peter. I haven't talked to him since his wedding in December of 2002. We have emailed and done the Christmas card thing, but never really had the chance to catch up on real time and real voices. It was the best hour of the day... or so I thought.

It just got better. I then had the chance to eat dinner with Daniel and Meredith and had a wonderful time. We met at Texas Roadhouse...besides the poor serving (which is totally atypical of this place) it was awesome. It was all about catching up from good old days of high school, college, and after college memories. While we were there, a guy came up and pointed to us and said "Meredith" "Emily"..... and I didn't recognize him at first..but it was a guy from Enid...named Eric. We all sat and talked for a long time and caught up briefly on all the bizarre connections that we discovered....It was amazing. It took me awhile, but I finally remembered Eric was on my Unit 4 from Constitution Team in High School...and I think Whitney was on Meredith's Unit 2 from Constitution Team. Yes, I was a nerd. It was the advanced history class specializing in Constitution and the history, practices, and implemention of judicial practice in the US. Anyhow, we won State and went to Nationals in D.C.

Bottom line..it's been a wonderful, blessed Christmas. I think it's been the best ever. I would like to establish a gathering once every few months in Tulsa with everyone we know from Enid High and a chance to get to know each other better and catch up from the old days! It's been great seeing everyone and hearing how life is going. I guess it is almost time for our 10 year reunion!

Hope everyone has a Merry Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: