Saturday, December 31, 2005

Cheers to the New Year!

As I sit here babysitting on New Years, stealing (borrowing) wi-fi, sipping my diet coke with lime, petting the two dogs next to me, listening to the baby monitor, and watching Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve, I remind myself how lucky I am.

I remember those times when I was in high school when we would get the group together to go to Opening Night in OKC and stay up all night long having a great time. That was fun. We would stay at a church after the event and play cards until the morning light came. Then off we were back home to Enid.

I remember last year when I babysat for a family that was so inebriated that they tipped me $40...only because they tipped me $20 before they left and $20 when they came home, barely able to walk in and hold a conversation.

Nonetheless, as the new year begins I am remembering all the wonderful blessings of 2005 and look foward to the new things to come in 2006. Wishing you all a Happy New Year, full of love, happiness, and good health.

Always,
Emily Christine

No comments: